Apple investigating claims AirPods 'blew up' in man's ear

Apple's Air Pods may be at risk of exploding if one Florida man's experiences are anything to go by. According to the gym-goer he was working out when the wireless headphones began smoking

Apple's Air Pods may be at risk of exploding if one Florida man's experiences are anything to go by. According to the gym-goer he was working out when the wireless headphones began smoking

A Florida man named Jason Colon has shown that his AirPods exploded, potentially adding another issue on top of Apple's growing pile of problems.

A man in Tampa Bay, Florida, said the right earbud of his AirPods started to smoke as he was listening to a dance mix at an LA Fitness.

Jason Colon from Tampa ran to get help after he noticed the white smoke billowing from the device. When he came back he found that the right ear bud had exploded with the case showing signs of charring and the internal components laid bare

Colon says he believes the gadget's battery was responsible for the damage. When he returned, the right AirPod looked like melted plastic, and was obviously no longer going to work. "It's the craziest thing I ever went through". Shocked, he quickly removed them and ran to get help.

Apple's AirPods are a one of a kind device, featuring advanced technology that no other company is now offering. Colon told the TV station that "It was already popped".

Omarosa Breaks Down In 'Big Brother' House About Trump: 'It's Bad'
Part two of " Celebrity Big Brother's " premiere airs Thursday at 8 p.m. on CBS. Manigault Newman retorted with a slow nod, saying, "yes".

"I didn't see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried". "But I'm sure since it hangs down, it could've been [my] ear lobe. He's thankful he thought to remove the wireless AirPods when he sensed trouble".

This is not the first time that a popular electronic product has hit the headlines for exploding. A few years ago, the Galaxy Note 7 caused massive losses for Samsung as they had to write off an entire generation of phones due to the battery exploding. A company spokesperson told WFLA that it would investigate the claim and would reach out to Colon.

A Spice Girls Reunion Tour Is Happening And We Need Tickets ASAP
When Victoria Beckham shared a photo of the Spice Girls all reunited, we were ecstatic. But, with lots of convincing, she's now all about it and is "fully on board".

The first was that the battery components in the Galaxy Note 7 did not fit in the battery's casing.

These were caused by manufacturing issues, including poor welding at the battery manufacturer. Only a few weeks ago a man narrowly missed having an iPhone battery explode in his mouth, after he foolishly chose to do a gold-prospector-styled bite test to see if the battery was real.

VP Pence pressures North Korea ahead of the Olympics
Pence, who reached Tokyo on Tuesday, is scheduled to attend the Winter Olympics' Opening Ceremony in South Korea on Friday.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.